At one point or another, we’ve all felt stuck in a rut with feelings of laziness and fear. During these times it can be really hard to take a step back and wonder what’s happening in the body, as opposed to just the mind, but it’s the link between the two that can push us through it.
Neurotransmitters have some incredible power over how we function. Dopamine is responsible for craving, motivation, and pursuit. Adrenaline relates to agitation and endurance. Serotonin helps us be grateful and feel good about what we have. And acetylcholine can help us focus. This is just a snapshot of the chemical symphony happening in our bodies all the time, and we can actually leverage these inner reactions to better understand the way we react to the world around us and make positive changes.
Today on The Dhru Purohit Podcast, I talk to Dr. Andrew Huberman about opening the window into our neurochemistry, training the nervous system, and confronting our inner real estate.
For more on Dr. Andrew Huberman, you can follow him on Instagram @hubermanlab, and through his website http://www.hubermanlab.com/. Check out his podcast Huberman Lab at https://hubermanlab.com/category/podcast-episodes/.
Also mentioned in this episode:
- Episode #134: The Latest Science on Enhancing Focus and Developing a Growth Mindset with Dr. Andrew Huberman – https://drhyman.com/blog/2020/07/09/bb-ep13
- Dr. David Spiegel and Hypnosis – https://stanfordhealthcare.org/doctors/s/david-spiegel.html
- Reveri Hypnosis Ap – https://www.reveri.com/
- Cal Newport – https://www.calnewport.com/
- A World Without Email by Cal Newport – https://www.calnewport.com/books/a-world-without-email/
- Oliver Sacks Documentary – https://www.oliversacksdoc.com/watch-now
- Ido Portal – Movement Culture – https://www.instagram.com/portal.ido/
- The Ready State – https://thereadystate.com/
- Madefor Program – https://getmadefor.com
- Guardians of Being by Ekhart Tolle and Patrick McDonnell – https://amzn.to/3vQTY7E
For more on Dhru Purohit, be sure to follow him on Instagram @dhrupurohit, on Facebook @dhruxpurohit, on Twitter @dhrupurohit, and on YouTube @dhrupurohit. You can also text Dhru at (302) 200-5643 or click here https://my.community.com/dhrupurohit.
Sign up for Dhru’s Try This Newsletter – https://dhrupurohit.com/newsletter.
Interested in joining The Dhru Purohit Podcast Facebook Community? Submit your request to join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2819627591487473/.
This episode is brought to you by BLUblox.As someone who is on the computer a lot, I realized all that screen time was negatively affecting how well I slept. I started learning about blue light and how it disrupts the body’s natural melatonin production, so I decided to try blue-light blocking glasses throughout the day to see if they helped—and they totally did. I love the blue-light blocking glasses made by BLUblox. BLUblox glasses reduced my digital eye strain and dramatically improved my sleep, and I have more energy throughout the day. Right now BLUblox is offering my listeners 20% off, just go to blublox.com/dhru and use code DHRU at checkout.