Did you know your oral health directly affects your overall health, longevity, and risk for chronic diseases like Alzheimer’s?
Today on The Dhru Purohit Podcast, Dhru sits down with Dr. Mark Burhenne to address why you need to start doubling down on your oral health for chronic disease prevention and tips for how to get started today. In this episode, Dr. Burhenne discusses why flossing is so essential, best practices, and the cleanest products on the market today.
He also shares the proper mechanics of teeth brushing and why over-the-counter mouthwash and toothpaste may be causing more harm than good. Dhru and Dr. Burhenne dig into the benefits of mouth taping, the best and worst diets for oral health, the connection between your oral and gut microbiome, and so much more.
Dr. Mark Burhenne is a functional dentist. He is the author of the number one Amazon bestseller The 8-Hour Sleep Paradox. He has appeared in Dr. Hyman’s Sleep Master Class, the oral microbiome docu-series Gateway to Health, NPR, and many more. He received his degree from the Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco and is a member of the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM), Academy of General Dentistry (Chicago, IL), American Academy for Oral Systemic Health (AAOSH), and Dental Board of California.
Also mentioned in this episode:
- Bristle at-home oral health test. Use code DHRU for 15% off.
- Slate Electric Flosser, Natural Unscented Silk Dental Floss (floss recommendations)
- Detection of Lymphatic Vessels in Dental Pulp (study)
- The Secret to Better Sleep? Stop Doing This One Thing (episode 62)
- The Dangers of Fluoride on the Brain and IQ (episode 207)
- Ask The Dentist (podcast)
- Order Dr. Burhenne’s book, The 8-Hour Sleep Paradox: How We Are Sleeping Our Way to Fatigue, Disease and Unhappiness, here.
- Functional dentist directory: askthedentist.com/directory
- Ask the Dentist store: askthedentist.com/shop
- Cavity Free Kids Guide
- The Dangers of Root Canals and How to Avoid Having One (episode 326 with Dhru’s dentist, Dr. Rouzita Rashtian)
- Dr. Rashtian’s Instagram @SerenityDentalCenter, Facebook @SerenityDentalCenter, and website, serenitydentalcenter.com.
- Try This: Mouth Taping 101
This episode is brought to you by Rupa Health, BiOptimizers, and Pique Life.
Access more than 3,000 specialty lab tests with Rupa Health. You can check out a free, live demo with a Q&A or create an account at RupaHealth.com today.
BiOptimizers is offering 10% off and a special gift with your purchase. Head over to magbreakthrough.com/dhru with code DHRU10.
Get up to 15% off and a complimentary beaker and rechargeable frother on subscriptions over $105 when you shop at Piquelife.com/DhruTea.