There are many misconceptions about what it takes to lead a healthy lifestyle. But the truth is, you don’t need fancy supplements, an expensive gym membership, or to follow a niche diet in order to be healthy. In fact, the biggest returns on health are often simple, free, or low cost—we just need guidance getting started on the journey.
Today on The Dhru Purohit Podcast, Dhru sits down with Shawn Stevenson to discuss the top mistakes, misconceptions, and confusion people face when setting out on their health journeys. Shawn shares the importance of the family unit in creating wellness and why cooking at home, ditching ultra-processed foods, and nurturing our relationships are critical for optimizing health and longevity.
Shawn Stevenson is the author of the international bestselling book Sleep Smarter and his latest book, Eat Smarter, and the creator of The Model Health Show, one of the top health podcasts in the world. He is the founder of Advanced Integrative Health Alliance, a company that provides wellness services for individuals and organizations worldwide. Shawn has been featured in Forbes, Fast Company, The New York Times, Muscle & Fitness, ESPN, and other major media outlets. He is also an in-demand keynote speaker for numerous organizations, universities, and conferences.
Also mentioned in this episode:
- Preorder Eat Smarter Family Cookbook: 100 Delicious Recipes to Transform Your Health, Happiness, and Connection, here
- eatsmartercookbook.com (plus bonuses and free access to the Family Health & Fitness Summit!)
- Ultra-Processed Diets Cause Excess Calorie Intake and Weight Gain: An Inpatient Randomized Controlled Trial of Ad Libitum Food Intake
- Trends in Consumption of Ultra-processed Foods Among US Youths Aged 2-19 Years, 1999-2018
- Glyphosate Use, Toxicity, and Occurrence in Food
- Maternal nutrition and the programming of obesity
- The longest study ever done on happiness
- Family meals among parents: Associations with nutritional, social and emotional wellbeing
- Effect of Incorporating 1 Avocado Per Day Versus Habitual Diet on Visceral Adiposity: A Randomized Trial
- Effect of honey on cardiometabolic risk factors: a systematic review and meta-analysis
This episode is brought to you by BiOptimizers Magnesium Breakthrough, and Lifeforce.
BiOptimizers is offering 10% off and a special gift with your purchase, so just head over to magbreakthrough.com/dhru with code DHRU10.
Right now, get 15% off your first purchase of Lifeforce at mylifeforce.com with code DHRU.