As we grow older, many people fear they’ll lose their ability to move and perform everyday life tasks. And with Alzheimer’s growing at unprecedented rates, losing our minds is high on the list as well. But just like it’s possible to retain movement and mobility as we age, it’s also possible to keep a sharp and healthy brain.
This week on The Dhru Purohit Podcast, Dhru sits down with Dr. Dale Bredesen, one of the most esteemed voices and researchers in Alzheimer’s disease, to talk about the first steps to preventing cognitive decline and lowering your risk of Alzheimer’s. Dhru and Dr. Bredesen also discuss the root causes of Alzheimer’s, the role of personalized medicine in Alzheimer’s treatment, mold as a hidden contributor to Alzheimer’s, and so much more.
Dr. Dale Bredesen is internationally recognized as an expert in Alzheimer’s disease and the author of the New York Times bestsellers The End of Alzheimer’s, The End of Alzheimer’s Program, and his latest book, The First Survivors of Alzheimer’s: How Patients Recovered Life and Hope in Their Own Words.
He is the principal investigator for the Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center at UCLA and established the Alzheimer’s Drug Development Network in 2008, leading to the identification of new therapeutics for Alzheimer’s disease. The Bredesen Laboratory studies basic mechanisms underlying the neurodegenerative process and translates this knowledge into effective therapeutics for Alzheimer’s disease and other neurodegenerative conditions. This has led to the publication of over 200 research papers. His group also developed the MEND protocol, which has led to the first description of a reversal of symptoms in patients with mild cognitive impairment (MCI) and early Alzheimer’s disease.
Also mentioned in this episode:
- Groundbreaking Hypothesis Identifies The Biggest Driver Of Alzheimer’s Disease with Dr. Richard Johnson
- Dr. Dale Bredesen’s dementia-reversal clinical trial, Evanthea
- Nutrition for Longevity
- KetoFLEX 12/3
- Free cognoscopy assessment
- Exercise With Oxygen Training (EWOT): LiveO2.com
- PreCODE Program: a clinically proven program to optimize brain health and prevent cognitive decline
- reCODE Program: a clinically proven program to reverse cognitive decline in early-stage Alzheimer’s disease
- The End of Alzheimer’s: The First Program to Prevent and Reverse Cognitive Decline
- The End of Alzheimer’s Program: The First Protocol to Enhance Cognition and Reverse Decline at Any Age
- The First Survivors of Alzheimer’s: How Patients Recovered Life and Hope in Their Own Words
For more on Dr. Bredesen, follow him on Instagram @drdalebredesen, Facebook @drdalebredesen, Twitter @drdalebredesen, and through his website, apollohealthco.com.
This episode is brought to you by BiOptimizers Magnesium Breakthrough, Pique Life, and Beekeeper’s Naturals.
Right now, you can get 10% off Sleep Breakthrough. And if you buy two or more you’ll get a free bottle of Magnesium Breakthrough. This is a limited-time offer! So just go to sleepbreakthrough.com/dhru and use code dhru10.
Right now, you can enjoy 15% off Pique’s Pu’er tea bundle plus free shipping FOR LIFE. You’ll also get a bonus pouch with 12 of Pique’s other premium teas. Head to piquelife.com/dhru to treat yourself to the highest-quality tea out there.
Right now, Beekeeper’s Naturals is offering my listeners early access to their Memorial Day sale. Between now and May 30th, go to beekeepersnaturals.com/DHRU and enter code “DHRU” to get 25% off your entire order.