Magnesium participates in over 600 enzymatic reactions in the body—it’s used for so much, yet 60% of Americans aren’t getting enough of this key nutrient.
So what’s the deal? Why is magnesium so essential? What makes us so deficient? What does deficiency look like? And, most importantly, what can we do to bring up our levels? Today on The Dhru Purohit Podcast, I walk us through all of that and more.
Also mentioned in this episode:
- Try This: The Ultimate Magnesium Cheat Sheet – https://dhrupurohit.com/try-this-magnesium-cheat-sheet/
- Natural Calm Magnesium – https://www.naturalvitality.com/natural-calm
- Pure Encapsulations Magnesium Glycinate – https://amzn.to/3Firtol
- Life Extension Neuro-Mag Magnesium L-Threonate – https://amzn.to/3Gimm8Q
- Thorne Magnesium Citramate – https://www.thorne.com/products/dp/magnesium-citramate
- Global Healing Center Oxy-Powder – https://amzn.to/3HX27OE
- Thorne Pyridoxal 5’ Phosphate – https://www.thorne.com/products/dp/pyridoxal-5-phosphate-60-s-1
- BiOptimizers Magnesium Breakthrough – https://magbreakthrough.com/dhru
- Sky Organics Epsom Salt – https://amzn.to/3A2id6V
- Ancient Minerals Magnesium Bath Flakes – https://shop.enviromedica.com/ancient-minerals-magnesium-bath-flakes
- Superiority of magnesium and vitamin B6 over magnesium alone on severe stress in healthy adults with low magnesemia: A randomized, single-blind clinical trial – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6298677/
- The answer is 17 years, what is the question: understanding time lags in translational research – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3241518/
For more on Dhru Purohit, follow him on Instagram @dhrupurohit, on Facebook @dhruxpurohit, on Twitter @dhrupurohit, and on YouTube @dhrupurohit. Text Dhru at (302) 200-5643 or click here https://my.community.com/dhrupurohit. Sign-up for Dhru’s newsletter at https://dhrupurohit.com/newsletter/.
Interested in joining Dhru’s Facebook Community? Submit your request to join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2819627591487473/.
This episode is brought to you by Rupa Health and Pendulum.
Rupa Health is a place for Functional Medicine practitioners to access more than 2,000 specialty lab tests from over 20 labs like DUTCH, Vibrant America, Genova, Great Plains, and more. You can check out a free live demo with a Q&A or create an account at RupaHealth.com.
Pendulum is the first to figure out how to harness the amazing benefits of Akkermansia in a probiotic capsule. To receive 20% off your first purchase of Pendulum’s Akkermansia probiotic supplement, go to Pendulumlife.com and use code DHRU20.