Welcome to The Big Idea of the Week!
Quality sleep is essential for human health, yet 1 in 3 adults in the U.S. report getting less than 7 hours of sleep per night necessary for optimal health and well-being.
Sleep is regulated by our circadian rhythm, or “biological clock,” that synchronizes with our surrounding environment. Today’s fast-paced world has disrupted the circadian rhythm of millions resulting in poor immune health, increased risk for type 2 diabetes, coronary heart disease, cancer, obesity, depression, and so much more.
On today’s episode, I share my personal step-by-step sleep protocol that has helped me transform my sleep.
In this episode we dive into:
- Mindset and setting an intention for sleep before your day even begins (6:02)
- Getting sunlight early in the morning (7:08)
- The biggest disruptors when it comes to getting quality sleep (9:38)
- Creating an evening routine and wind down ritual (26:19)
- Supplements to support sleep (31:23)
- Splurge items for sleep (42:10)
Also mentioned in this episode:
- Dr. Mark Hyman’s Sleep Masterclass – https://courses.drhyman.com/sleep-course-own
- Oura Ring – https://ouraring.com/
- Broken Brain Podcast Episode #194: Could This Simple Hack Reduce Anxiety and Panic Attacks? With Dr. Kristen Allott https://drhyman.com/blog/2021/02/18/bb-ep194/
- BiOptimizer’s Magnesium – www.bioptimizers.com/brain (use the code BRAIN10 to receive 10% off)
- Herbatonin Plant-based Melatonin – https://symphonynaturalhealth.com/products/herbatonin-0-3mg
- The Five Minute Journal – https://www.intelligentchange.com/products/the-five-minute-journal
- The chiliPAD Sleep System – https://www.chilisleep.com/products/chilipad-sleep-system
- Letsfit White Noise Machine – https://www.amazon.com/Letsfit-Machine-Sleeping-Fidelity-Soundtracks/dp/B07WHY5DBT
Interested in joining Dhru’s Facebook Community? Submit your request to join here https://www.facebook.com/groups/2819627591487473/.