Welcome to The Big Idea of the Week!
On today’s Broken Brain Podcast, I talk about the power of boundaries, limits, and constraints.
Without some limits and boundaries it’s hard to remain grounded, and without constraints it can be hard to grow. Constraints build creativity. Here are a few constraints that I have played with in the last 10 years:
- Not spending any money on the weekend to become more mindful about my beliefs about money
- Only watching tv or movies when I am flying or traveling to become more mindful about time
- Not taking on new projects to practice honoring my current commitments
- Working on Sunday’s, but not Monday’s to become better at planning and delegating
- Avoiding all social media, especially surfing news-feeds, unless I have something meaningful to post
- Not dating for a period of time to notice relationship patterns that I was replaying
The key word here is “played with.” I played with the constraint as long as it served me, and once it stopped serving me I let it go. This is how constraints build creativity.
Interested in joining Dhru’s Broken Brain Podcast Facebook Community? Submit your request to join here.