Exercise is a non-negotiable part of good health, but that doesn’t have to mean logging hours at the gym or forcing yourself to go on a run.
There are so many benefits of movement that go far beyond the cardiovascular effects and weight management that are so often the focus of exercise. It’s actually an essential piece to maintaining prime cognitive function throughout life.
On today’s Broken Brain Podcast, I talk to Ryan Glatt about the benefits of exercise for brain health. We discuss why enjoyment is key when it comes to exercise, and how to create a brain-healthy exercise program.
Also mentioned in this episode:
- Broken Brain Docu-series – brokenbrain.com/freepodcastoffer
- The Pacific Brain Health Center – https://www.pacificneuroscienceinstitute.org/
- Brain Health Trainer – https://www.brainhealthtrainer.com/
- Treating Chronic Pain with Stem Cell Therapy and Regenerative Medicine with Dr. Shounuck Patel – https://drhyman.com/blog/2019/06/27/bb-ep61/
- “The Brain-Changing Benefits of Exercise” TED talk by Wendy Suzuki – https://www.ted.com/talks/wendy_suzuki_the_brain_changing_benefits_of_exercise?utm_campaign=tedspread&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=tedcomshare
- Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain by Dr. John Ratey – https://www.amazon.com/Spark-Revolutionary-Science-Exercise-Brain/dp/0316113514
For more on Dhru Purohit, be sure to follow him on Instagram @dhrupurohit, on Facebook @dhruxpurohit, on Twitter @dhrupurohit, and on YouTube @dhrupurohit. You can also text Dhru at (302) 200-5643 or click here https://my.community.com/dhrupurohit.
Interested in joining Dhru’s Broken Brain Podcast Facebook Community? Submit your request to join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2819627591487473/.