In a culture that’s obsessed with adding things in (we want more, more, more), we can forget how powerful removing things can be. We need to take away that which is preventing us from reaching our goals in order to truly move forward.
On this week’s episode of The Broken Brain Podcast, I talk about nine things I commonly see people doing that hold them back from their goals and dreams (whether they realize it or not).
I’m willing to bet these nine habits will hit home with many of you. Do you obsess over what other people think of you? Do you waste time on social media as a way of avoiding other things? Or maybe you’re the kind of person who is constantly hard on yourself and lives according to other people’s expectations instead of your own desires. There are so many tendencies we fall into, for many different reasons, but that doesn’t mean we’re stuck with them.
We can change, we can grow, we can shift our mindset and actions to finally reach those meaningful goals.
Also mentioned in this episode:
The instagram post that inspired this podcast – https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp2MMvbAudw/
- Moss Reports on Cancer by Dr. Ralph Moss – https://www.mossreports.com/
- Dr. Elizabeth Boham – http://www.drboham.com/
- Broken Brain Podcast episodes on friendship
- Broken Brain Podcast Episode 55 – How to Redesign the Subconscious Mind from Limitation to Freedom with Peter Crone – https://drhyman.com/blog/2019/05/16/bb-ep55/
- Broken Brain Podcast Episode 75 – How a Morning Routine, Human Touch, and Nourishing Relationships Can Radically Lower Your Stress with Dr. Rangan Chatterjee – https://drhyman.com/blog/2019/10/10/bb-ep75/
- The One Thing by Gary Keller – https://www.the1thing.com/
- The Top Five Regrets of the Dying by Bronnie Ware – https://bronnieware.com/regrets-of-the-dying/
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle – https://www.amazon.com/Power-Now-Guide-Spiritual-Enlightenment/dp/1577314808
- The Landmark Forum – https://www.landmarkworldwide.com/
For more on Dhru Purohit, be sure to follow him on Instagram @dhrupurohit, on Facebook @dhruxpurohit, on Twitter @dhrupurohit, and on YouTube @dhrupurohit. You can also text Dhru at (302) 200-5643 or click here https://my.community.com/dhrupurohit.
Interested in joining Dhru’s Broken Brain Podcast Facebook Community? Submit your request to join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2819627591487473/.
This episode of Broken Brain is brought to you by Thrive Market.
Right now, Thrive is offering all my listeners an amazing deal – When you sign up for a new membership, you will receive a free gift. And, any time you spend more than $49, you’ll get free carbon-neutral shipping from one of their zero-waste warehouses.
Thrive Market makes it so easy to stay stocked with healthy ingredients so you can make the best salads in your own kitchen. Just go to thrivemarket.com/brokenbrain, sign up, and start filling up your cart – you’ll see the credit automatically deducted at checkout.